Friday, February 17, 2012

Jazzie May

Since this is a new blog, I thought I'd introduce the family. First is Jazzie! That photo on the left is her posing for me this morning on the veranda - she's always happy to be in a photo!

She goes by many names: Jasmine Maybelline (for formal times or when she's in trouble), Jazzie May, Jazz, and Jazmina.

She did an interview with Mel Teshco for the LoveCats a couple of years ago that I'll pop in here, or you can read the original post here.

***

Name: Jazzie May. Or Jasmine Maybelline. Or Jazz.

Abode: My brothers, my humans and I all live in house surrounded by trees.

Human Slave: Rachel Bailey.

Likes: My brothers. I love them all. I like to kiss them and sniff them and sit near them. And if they growl at me and tell me to stop, I have to put a paw on their head to hold them still while I kiss them. Sometimes it's hard work being adoring.

Dislikes: When my brothers misbehave. Sometimes I have to tell them to obey the humans. A couple of times I had to tell Fergus a *lot*. The humans took him to the vet afterwards, but, honestly, if he'd been a good boy it never would have happened.

Special Skill: I can smile. They say it's only Dalmatians who can do it, but the vet told my human that very clever dogs can copy the action from humans around them. What, they doubted I was clever?

Sociable or Aloof: Sociable! I love people and dogs.

Night Owl or Early Bird: Early bird. I start nudging my male human from when the sun comes up. There's *so* much to do - we can't waste time sleeping!

Favourite Pastime: Tennis. My human hits the ball for us twice a day and Dougal and I have the job of retrieving it. It's an important job but I'm up to it. (And I get way more than half the balls.)

Best Friend: Dougal. He's just so handsome - maybe because he's a Border Collie like me?

Most embarrassing moment: There's such a thing?

***


Update on the tennis situation: Jazzie is now the proud owner of a spikey, squeaky ball. Did I mention it was squeaky? Best. Ball. Ever. So now during dog tennis, she wants that one hit to her, though she still tries to supervise Dougal's game with the tennis ball at the same time and occasionally catches his. In fact, she's learned to hold two balls in her mouth for just this purpose. That skill took a lot of practice to master, which her humans found endlessly amusing.

The photo on the left here is Jazzie showing us her Kissing Spot. Such a perfectly placed spot on her head is hard to ignore and she has to suffer through many kisses placed there. She'd actually rather a tummy rub, but she accepts the kisses quite graciously.

February Giveaway: The contest to win a pack with Yvonne Lindsay's The Wayward Son, Paula Roe's Bed of Lies and my What Happens in Charleston... is still open. I'll draw it in a couple of days.

11 comments:

  1. Jazzie May! You are the dog, girl! I love your technique of putting a paw on the boys' heads to hold them still while you give them kisses! I might have to try that myself... oh, hang on... I don't have paws!

    Nice to get reacquainted with you!
    :)
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! What a beautiful smile. =) I've been on the Sippy Downs website this am looking at adoption cats and dogs. So many gorgeous characters who need a home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, Jazzie says you can come and visit her anytime. And she'll give you a demonstration of showing the boys who's boss while pretending to be meek and sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robbie, you're looking at the shelter? If you want to send any pictures over for discussion, I'd *love* to help. New furry family members are so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jazzie girl, it's your furpal from over the sea here. Glad you are still bossing those boys around and keeping those tennis balls in order. Sigh! A girl's work is never done!!! Sending you licks and whimpers - please give your human a loving nudge from me too - Kelsey xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jazzie says: Kelsey! It's been so long since I've heard from you, paw pal. How's your ball collection? And your nice soft bed? My human needs to visit you again and bring back lots of photos. But not for too long - I need all the humans I can get to help keep these brothers of mine in line. Licks and wags, Jazzie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey - hopefully this will work now! =))

    And that catwalk interview with the beautiful Jazzie seemed such a long time ago now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was over 18 months ago, Mel - how time flies! I have another interview you did with Oliver that I'll post with some updates and new photos soon. Thanks for dropping back to see Jazzie again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to be formally introduced to you Jazzie May! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  10. BTW, I saw your picture on Goodreads under your human slave's author profile then I hurried over to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nas, Jazzie is thrilled to meet you. She loves new friends, especially lovely ones like you. :)

    ReplyDelete